CINCINNATI, OHIO – October 8, 2015 – Cincom®, the Microsoft Dynamics® Global Strategic Partner for Manufacturing, will introduce significant new improvements at the CRMUG Summit in Reno, Nevada from October 13-16, for its advanced manufacturing ERP solutions, the Cincom Manufacturing Business Suite.
The Cincom Manufacturing Business Suite is a modular family of advanced capabilities for Microsoft Dynamics AX. Among the upgrades being rolled out will be new functionality to its industry-leading Estimating module and its Project Supply Chain module.
Estimating with flexibility and accuracy is a particularly challenging function in most Engineer-to-Order (ETO) manufacturing environments.
Cincom’s Estimating module extends the power of the basic Microsoft Dynamics AX platform with advanced estimating power that leverages engineering, supply chain and production inputs held in Microsoft Dynamics AX to quickly and accurately create pricing and production planning data on unique, new product solutions.
The impact that Cincom’s solution can deliver with these improvements promises bottom-line efficiency benefits that all manufacturers seek, including:
- Faster response times to opportunities
- Reduced costs in producing estimates
- Increases in the manufacturer’s sales capacity
- Improved confidence in estimate accuracy and profitability
Additional features to be introduced include a new Engineering Calculator, which will deploy greater automation for the complex calculations involved in the estimating process. The Project Supply Chain tool also is getting several upgrades that will be important to users.
The latest Cincom Manufacturing ERP Business Suite upgrades that are being introduced will coincide with new advancements being announced for Cincom CPQ™, the company’s configure-price-quote tool that also has high-end functionality for manufacturers.
“Cincom is committed to adding significant value to both Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics AX on an ongoing basis,” said Gillis West, Cincom’s Vice President, Americas Sales & Services. “These latest enhancements to our configure-price-quote platform and our manufacturing business suite are driven by input from our customer base as well as our vision of where the market is going over the next few years. We look forward to working with our Microsoft Dynamics partners to deliver these advanced capabilities to our mutual customers over the coming months.”
Here are more details on the enhancements being introduced with the Cincom Manufacturing Business Suite:
Cincom MBS – Manufacturing ERP Business Suite
Cincom MBS is a modular family of advanced Microsoft Dynamics AX capabilities to support the special needs of configure-to-order (CTO), engineer-to-order (ETO) and other manufacturers of highly engineered products. Components include Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ), Estimating, Product Data Management with Engineering Change Control and Project Supply Chain. Together, these capabilities help manufacturers win more business, operate efficiently and deliver as promised. Cincom MBS is a CfMD solution. Specific enhancements in version 4.1 include:
- A new Engineering Calculator: Automate complex setup and run-time calculations for new routing operations to improve accuracy and speed process estimates.
- New Capable-to-Promise (CTP) capability: Use Dynamics AX CTP logic for estimate pseudo items to more confidently determine proposed delivery time.
- Copy new pseudo items: Move new items with associated BOMs, routes and documents from an estimate to product information management to speed production startup.
Project Supply Chain
- Integrated Performance Management: Automate estimate-to-complete (ETC) quantities, hours and cost, then transfer to project forecast in project management and accounting (PMA) for improved project visibility.
- Enhanced handling of indirect costs: Post from production orders to project management and accounting (PMA); utilize in inventory cost closing.
Visit Booth#434 to learn more about how Cincom is extending the selling and manufacturing capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
About Cincom Systems
Since 1968, Cincom has helped world-leading businesses by delivering enterprise software solutions. Cincom applications and services enable organizations to win more business, operate more efficiently and deliver as promised. Cincom is the Microsoft Dynamics Global Strategic Partner for Manufacturing and a Microsoft® Global Independent Software Vendor (GISV).