Let me share with you a tale of how social pressure informs technological advancement, of growing a business with an eye on the future, of continuous innovation … 1995 happened to be an important year at Cincom Systems.
Cincom’s CEO, Tom Nies, was included in the Smithsonian Institute of Technology, along with other industry leaders like Microsoft’s Bill Gates and Apple’s Steve Jobs. Cincom also began development of our legacy in the configure-price-quote industry with our first CPQ software application.
Fast forward 25 years to present socioeconomic conditions and our most recent product launch … you’ll see how history so very often repeats itself.
Moving to the Cloud with CPQSync Configure-Price-Quote Software
After years of innovation and adoption of our on-premise solution, Cincom CPQ, Cincom moved its configure-price-quote solution to the cloud. We released CPQSync, a fully SaaS-based application embedded directly in Microsoft Dynamics, a move that has fundamentally changed nearly everything about how we go to market and address our customers’ buying-process-related challenges.
According to David Allison, Cincom CPQSync Senior Product Manager, “CPQSync helps companies transform their customer buying experience from a rigid, disconnected point solution into a seamless end-to-end journey. They’ll be able to improve insights across channels in order to make strategic decisions that will evolve their companies to the next level.”
Moving to the cloud with CPQSync has delivered a healthy list of advantages for our business and our customers’ businesses. It did not take an expert to see the logic in migrating to the cloud.
Is your company considering cloud migration, now, relative to the seemingly omnipresent vendor pressure to digitally transform?
Five Considerations for Moving to a Cloud-Based CPQ Solution
Here are the top five considerations we’ve recognized as a result of taking CPQ to the cloud:
- Simplified Architecture – Not only has this led to reduced resource costs and time savings, we’ve also benefited from improved time-to-market and faster delivery cycles. Functionally, our no-code solution and embedded UX allows end users to quickly build product rules and quote faster in a way that looks and feels like the tools they use now.
- Accessibility – The UX is responsive and works on any device so your sales team can use the tool at the office or on the job site with no difference in how they interact with it.
- Agility – It is easy to upscale or downscale depending on our needs as adoption grows. We have improved security controls and have eliminated the need for downloaded upgrades with real-time updates. This allows us to deliver more features and benefits faster with no slowness in the tool’s speed. The system is always up when you need it, without the oversight of your IT department.
- Improved Data and Insights – We now have the ability to manage with better controls and our users have the ability to break down and analyze the quote-to-cash process with visual reporting tools like Microsoft Power BI in real time.
- Total Cost of Ownership – The most significant efficiency has been seen in resource utilization where our IT staff are now aiding our bottom line capabilities, rather than miring in lines of spaghetti code. Overall reduction in Capex with no servers to maintain or IT investment to manage yet another solution. Optimized hardware allowing us to only pay for what we are consuming rather than having idle infrastructure has also lowered our operating expenditures.
Moving to the Cloud Makes Sense on Multiple Levels
On top of all that, we now enjoy a smaller carbon footprint too. Choosing to migrate your key business processes to “the cloud” makes sense on multiple levels and has now been proven out and perfected over time.
There are literally hundreds of trained partners working with Microsoft’s Cloud Azure who can help guide you to your desired objectives. I’d be happy to recommend a solid few we have aligned with as strategic partners.
Whether it is for improved operation and functionality, quicker time to market, or to take advantage of new business models and revenue streams, cloud migration could be the holy grail you’ve been searching for. Perhaps it’s time to make a move!